Updates for the Derby will be available on our Facebook page and also on local radio stations, including: 98.3 LNH; WEMJ (AM 1490); 105.5 JYY; 99.1 Frank; 104.9 The Hawk; and 93.3 The Wolf.
2016 Derby Prize Structure and Rules
These are the modified Derby Rules:
2. The top three prizes will be drawn from a group of 7 potential top category prize winners.
3. Each angler's name will be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing only once, no matter how many fish that person has caught.
4. The five heaviest Black Crappie, Cusk, Lake Trout, Pickerel, Rainbow Trout, Yellow Perch and White Perch will be hung on the board on both Saturday and Sunday for prizes of $500, $200, $150, $100 and $50.
5. There will be 14 Derby Ticket stub cash drawings on Saturday for $100 each, and 32 Derby Ticket stub cash prize drawings on Sunday for $100 each. Drawings will start on Saturday at 12:30pm and on Sunday at 8am and will be held approximately every 15 minutes. You do not have to fish to win any of these cash drawings! You do not need to be present at the drawings: checks will be mailed to winners if they are not present at time of drawing.
6. Two Rotary Derby Ticket "Grand Cash Drawings" for $5,000 will be held. One drawing on Saturday at 4:30pm and one drawing on Sunday at 3:30pm at Derby Headquarters in Meredith. You do not have to fish to win one of these cash drawings. You do not need to be present at the drawings: checks will be mailed to winners if they are not present at time of drawing.
The rules for the 2016 Derby have been modified. The significant enhancements are that the Saturday weigh-in line has been extended for one hour, until 5 pm and the three top prizes will be drawn from a group of 7 top category prize winners. Keep in mind that if you catch a fish on Saturday and miss the weigh-in deadline of 5 pm, you can still submit your fish on Sunday morning. Eligibility is determined by those who had the largest fish in each category (as defined in the Derby Rules).