Rules for the 2013 Fishing Derby
The prize structure and the rules for the 2013 Fishing Derby have changed!
For the 2013 Derby, the Meredith Rotary Club will be providing all cash prizes. Additionally, by eliminating Meredith Rotary Tagged Rainbow Trout as the only possible winner category for the top three prizes, and opening the prize structure to all Derby ticket holder fishermen, the Derby is more accessible to all fishermen. Now, a grand prize winning fish (white perch, yellow perch, cusk, lake trout, pickerel, black crappie or rainbow trout) can be caught in any fresh water open to the public. There will be less pressure to fish only in Lake Winnipesapukee, and less impact on the off-season salmon.
All anglers must comply with New Hampshire Fish & Game Department laws.
While fishing in N.H. be aware there are restrictions when using lead fishing sinkers and jigs. Please refer to N.H. RSA 211:13-b to make sure you are within the law.
Littering of any New Hampshire lake is a violation of the law and nature. Please keep America clean. Do the right thing!
1. All anglers must comply with the laws set forth by the New Hampshire Fish & Game Department. Ice Fishing rules can be viewed on the NHF&G site:http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fishing/fishing.htm
2. All fish must be legally and freshly caught from any fresh New Hampshire public waters as defined in RSA:271:20 by the registered Derby ticket holder. Fish must be taken through the ice on Saturday or Sunday of Derby Weekend. All fishermen must ensure that fish being entered in the Derby are dead prior to entering the weigh-in line.
3. A valid Derby ticket and a valid New Hampshire Fishing License will be required for identification when entering fish and claiming a prize.
4. Weight at the time of entry determines winners. In case of a tie, length shall be the determinate factor. Earliest entry will be the final tie breaker.
5. Unacceptable Fish Include:
A. No Rainbow Trout under 17 inches in length will be accepted
B. No Lake Trout under 22 inches in length will be accepted
C. No Cusk under 22 inches in length will be accepted
D. No Pickerel under 22 inches in length will be accepted
E. No White Perch under 14 inches in length will be accepted
F. No Yellow Perch under 12 inches in length will be accepted
G. No Black Crappie under 13 inches in length will be accepted
H. No Bass, Brown Trout, or Salmon will be accepted
6. Entered fish become the property of the Derby. All registered fish that are eligible for prizes will be retained until 3:30 pm on Sunday of Derby Weekend. Anglers may request the return of their fish after award presentations are finished. All fish not reclaimed by 4:00pm on Sunday of Derby Weekend will be donated to the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center in Holderness for the feeding of their otters, raptors, bears, and other animals.
7. The fish registration deadline for Saturday is 4:00 pm and Sunday 3:00 pm according to the Official Derby Time Clock at Derby Headquarters. Fish registration begins at 8:00 am Saturday, and 7:00 am Sunday. No fish may be registered for Sunday’s prize board on Saturday.
8. Any and all fish in anglers’ possession at the Derby Headquarters shall be dead; any live fish in possession will result in immediate Derby disqualification.
9. Fish to be entered must be free of all debris such as snow, ice, lines, hooks, weights, etc. Meredith Rotary reserves the right to open or x-ray any fish.
10. All anglers entering fish eligible for prizes of $500 or more will be required to sign an affidavit under penalty of perjury, certifying the date, time, lake, and person catching the fish.
11. Rotarians and Derby Officials are not liable for any injury or loss of life or property. All anglers are responsible for their own safety and knowledge of their surroundings.
12. ALL PARTICIPANTS HEREBY ACCEPT THESE RULES. IN THE INTREPRETATION OF RULES AND THE SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES, THE DECISION OF THE DERBY JUDGES SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING.
It's the Law!!